boots up wrong device

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtNat

Solid State Member
i recently had to wipe my computer and start freash and i updated my bios while doing this but now when i boot my computer up it boots the external hard drive instead of the internal one but if i unplug it it boots the internal one when i go into my bios to change it only one shows up not both and it depends if the external is plugged in thats all it shows i have unplugged the external and set it to my internal hard drive but it still boots the external when plugged in any suggestions on how to boot the internal one always?

What was that? :confused:

Did you go into boot order in the BIOS wheen the external is connected?

In the futurer SgtNat, use proper punctuation. But welcome all the same!

What was that? :confused:

Did you go into boot order in the BIOS wheen the external is connected?

In the futurer SgtNat, use proper punctuation. But welcome all the same!

Think what he meant to say was:
  • When the external is plugged in, that's the only choice in the BIOS to boot
  • When it's not plugged, he sets to main boot device to his internal
  • When the external is replugged in, it switches settings in the BIOS and automatically boots from the external.

When the external is unplugged and you go into your BIOS, is there an option stating anything such as "boot from any other devices" or something similar?

Also if you know what BIOS you got, can you post it please.

And welcome :D as MoM said.

well no there wasent boot from another devise that i saw but i went into the hard drive boot options and found it had set my external to first and my internal second redid it and it fixed the problem.
sry bout punctuation i kinda faill at it

well no there wasent boot from another devise that i saw but i went into the hard drive boot options and found it had set my external to first and my internal second redid it and it fixed the problem.
sry bout punctuation i kinda faill at it
So the boot order was all that was troubled? Thought it wasn't detecting the both at the same time :umm:. Anyways, congrats and hope it's fixed, also for the punctuation thing...it's alright, just next time just add in some full stops :p.

ya it has a hard drive boot list and a boot device order list i found out. i wasnt looking at the hard drive one becuse i didnt think it would detect it as a hard drive since it isnt the right format but hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom