Upgrading to water-cooling need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really looking for temps. Noise is not to much of a concern but at the same time not looking for an airplane taking off next to me either. I want to be about 4.2 everyday usage on my I7-920. The coolness factor is a plus though but really looking to drop temps. After looking into my budget just now I found out I can spend about 1k. I know that my GPU blocks are going to eat up a huge chuck of change and that overall it is not going to be cheap. Unfortunately the ambient temps in my room is from 78-85. I do not get a lot of cool air blowing into the room that the computer is in. I also understand that after my water cooling setup that I might not be sitting next to a heater and that would be a huge plus.

Oh man. 1k is WAY more than enough for a very good dual loop setup...

Do you want everything internal or are you ok with a rad outside your case?

I really would like to keep everything in the case if possible if not that will be okay too. I figured that 1k would easily be enough as well and granted I have that to spend coming out cheaper will be a positive to have extra money for other things.

shoot... forgot about this thread.

I like everything internal also, but with what you running you really just can't fit it all inside. I'll throw together a list of parts tomorrow.

Pumps
2x Swiftech MCP355 12v DC Pump
+
XSPC Acrylic Dual 5.25in. Reservoir for Two Laing DDC's
$181.85

CPU Block
Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock
$79.95

GPU Blocks
2x EK-FC295 GTX SLI REV 2 (Single PCB) - Acetal Products Model: EK-FC295 GTX-ACETAL [EK-FC295 GTX Rev2 - ACETAL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
$309.90

Radiators
2x Swiftech MCR320-QP Quiet Power 3X120mm - Black
$97.90

Tubing
1/2" ID 3/4" OD
Durelene PVC tubing 1/2in. ID x 3/4in. OD by Saint-Gobain
x25 feet
$17.25

Barbs
I like these...
Bitspower G 1/4in. Silver Shining Fitting for 1/2in. Tubing #BP-WTP-C01
x however many you want

Biocide Coolant Additive (to be mixed with distilled water)
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/peptpcobi1.html
$3.25

Fans Do you want to do push pull (3 fans on each side of the rad)? You'll get better temps but that adds cost and takes up more space.
http://www.jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-Fan-D12SL-12-pr-3009.html
$2.95 for 10+, $3.20 for 3-9

$690.10 before shipping (excluding barbs and fans)

some of that stuff is OOS though... a LOT of places are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom