install windows xp on netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm got a problem now its not a SATA HDD its an IDE one as it says it in the bios also i tried my mates copy of windows xp sp3 and it still shows the blue screen, so any help please?

Try disabling the AHCI in your bios it can cause some issues when installing stuff, and cause blue screens, it will not change anything by turning it off. Should be under sata mode in the BIOS.

mmm got a problem now its not a SATA HDD its an IDE one as it says it in the bios also i tried my mates copy of windows xp sp3 and it still shows the blue screen, so any help please?
If this is true and it is a IDE drive and XP still BSoD's during install then there are other drivers which you need that do not come with a 9 year old OS on a 1 year old Netbook. So you will have to get ALL drivers from the Asus Site and try to slipstream them onto the disk to see if that will help the install along. If not you will have to contact Asus to see if and how they got it working.
Try disabling the AHCI in your bios it can cause some issues when installing stuff, and cause blue screens, it will not change anything by turning it off. Should be under sata mode in the BIOS.

This isnt a factor. As stated by the OP above, it is a IDE Drive not SATA so ACHI is not a factor.

Moved to proper area. We have a area specifically for Netbooks. Please use it.

It still could be a factor have you tried it. I have seen IDE laptops that still have the option in the bios sata or not.

UPDATE

i managed to do it, i updated my BIOS to the latest one and it now lets me install windows xp instead of coming up with the blue screen saying a hardware error occured!!!

mmm now when it restarts to finish the installation it says ntldr missing or something like that, whats wrong, duff copy?!

EDIT, i managed to find another copy of xp and its installs peice of cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom