Buying a new comp, just wanted some input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkleeman

Solid State Member
I am buying a new laptop for gaming, on Monday the 1st. Just wanted to run two systems by you I'm pretty sure this one Acer Aspire AS5740G-5309 is worth the extra $50 bucks. Here is the other comp Acer Aspire AS5739G-6959. Also has anyone else found any comps for $700 or less that may be better than this. Also how much better would the one over the other perform, I have never really had a gaming machine, and I am mainly looking to play wow a good graphics and fps.

Not what i asked. I want a laptop because i take my computer with me to friends houses. And i was smart enough to make sure they had dedicated graphics, I love how my question got answered with something i didn't ask got. Also, both the machines come with some pretty nice specs.

well of those two choices I would have to go with the Acer Aspire AS5740G-5309 . As much as i love the core 2 duo and nvidia graphics chips, the First one does have the specs you would want. Just be aware you wont get the best graphics, but it will work. Acer isn't known for gaming, but at least it will work. Not great but works.

I only really play world of warcraft. I know both of those will run it better than my Intel Series 4 integrated card, lol. I'm looking for something that will allow me play with nice graphic settings, and I'm not particular about any brand, and willing to spend about $800.

Personally, I'd try and get a 17 inch. The specs look ok, playable I'm sure, but don't get upset when the buddy your sitting next to has a much better experience on his desktop(if hes using one.) Also, from personal experience, get some sort of cooler if your going to game on a laptop.

merge

N61JA-A1 Asus N61JA-A1 16" HD/i5-430M/ATI HD 5730 1GB GDDR3/4GB DDR3/500G 7200rpm/W7HP64
Optical Drive: 8X DVDRW DL Super Multi
Webcam: Built-in 2.0 MP Webcam
Availability: Pre-Order,
Screen: 16 inch WXGA 1366x768 16:9 Glossy
RAM: 4GB PC3-1066Mhz DDR3 (2GBx2)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit System Recovery DVD
Primary Hard Drive: 500GB 7200rpm SATA II
WiFi: 802.11 Wireless a/b/g/n
Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth 2.0
Warranty: Asus 2 Year Limited Global Warranty
Accidental Damage Warranty (ADW): ASUS Accidental Damage Warranty
GPU: ATI HD5730 1GB GDDR3, DX11
CPU: i5-430M, 2.26~2.533GHz, 2.5 GT/s, 32nm, 3MB, 35W

Its $976.00 with free shipping.

My friends and I all use laptops, that have integrated, so I'm luck to get 20 fps with groups, I can get about 30-35fps questing. I want something with a 15" to 16" screen as I am use to it and it would get better performance. Oh, and I already have a cooling pad. I really only care about playin WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom