Lately my computer is laggin and freezing up for a moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Not sure what is going on. Just seems when I do a task like click a file to download it pauses for a moment and then pops up the download box. Or this has been happening a lot...I will drag a file from one place to another folder and it will not respond for a good 10 seconds. I was OC at 3.0 on my cpu, I put it back to stock but seems to still do it. Is this HDD or CPU related?

It's just annoying because this puppy use to fly with no hiccups ever...

Let me ask you something has anything bad been recently downloaded ? probably virus, trojan or visit a website that has been infested with a web virus ?

Please open up task manager in windows 7 pro and look for any applications that are running above 90%.
Take a screenshot of that and try to post it online ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting to let us see what is doing what to your pc.

Nope, I'm a safe surfer! But no really I don't think I have downloaded anything or visited anything questionable.

Not sure what you mean apps running over 90%? When I perform these task nothing is running besides a web browser usually and a few windows.

Ok what is your cpu load ? what I mean is if something is making it reach 100% nonstop and your pc is lagging, there could be something at fault with either a program or a glitchy hardware that is acting up.

Ok try these 3 tools on windows 7 pro and see what happens.

Ask windows 7 to check drive c for any errors or problems.
Defrag the hard drive with windows 7 default defragmenter or try to download defraggler.
Finally go to the start button type in "error" and then click on view reliability and history and tell me what windows 7 is saying that has happened for the past 5 days.

No errors on drive. History shows that winsows explorer stopped responding and was closed. This was done by me when I was having the dragging files to folder issue. As soon as the file was dragged over to the folder with out me even releasing the mouse click it would turn the whole window grayed out like it was trying to process the request. So I just stopped the operation by closing out.

Do you have the Windows Media Player Network Sharing service on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom