system32\config\system error with BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@slaymate: No I haven't cleaned with compressed air recently; could it be a dust problem? This PC is roughly 1year old, CPU is 2.233GHZ intel dual core.

@Jo: Safemode did not work (as I was expecting.) It fed me back the error "corrupt or missing" that I stated in the OP. Both cmd prompt and normal safemode fed me this error.

I am not opposed to reformatting my HDD if it means the problem will disappear; but I am unable to access that ability. It keeps feeding me the STOP error (0x50.)

Any other ideas?

chkdsk is a dos command to check the disk for errors and you can also recover bad sectors and fix the errors(hopefully) Just look for a boot cd that contains this CHKDSK and try booting to the disk and possibly fixing your problem.
UBCD for Windows
just one example of a bootdisc containing chkdsk im sure there are liter ones out there.

chkdsk is a dos command to check the disk for errors and you can also recover bad sectors and fix the errors(hopefully) Just look for a boot cd that contains this CHKDSK and try booting to the disk and possibly fixing your problem.
UBCD for Windows
just one example of a bootdisc containing chkdsk im sure there are liter ones out there.

so I would just download this to a blank DVD and run it instead of my own XP disc?

Also, my video display has cut out after removing dust from the inside of my case....this is some bulls#$%! I tried switching the ends of the cord to no avail....

Also, my video display has cut out after removing dust from the inside of my case....this is some bulls#$%! I tried switching the ends of the cord to no avail....
After mentioning the video outage, came to my suspicion that your motherboard is failing slowly. Maybe try your HDD on another motherboard and see if it can boot, reach safe mode or at least boot from your windows CD.

I don't have another PC to test my HDD on, unfortunately. I suppose the final thing i can do is to take my PC to the campus tech center. I hope to whatever god might exist that my mobo doesn't fail (no $$$.)

I don't have another PC to test my HDD on, unfortunately. I suppose the final thing i can do is to take my PC to the campus tech center. I hope to whatever god might exist that my mobo doesn't fail (no $$$.)
Wish you luck on that mate, if you would like you can leave this thread open for a few days and see what other options people can post in or their opinion/suggestions. I'll put it in my sig, just for exposure people who might not have seen it.

take the video card out of the pc and carefully blow out the slot it plugs into with compressed air. Also check and make sure you got all the dust bunnies off and out of the card as it could be impeding the fan. Make sure the power connector is plugged in good and making solid contact. Did you blow the dust bunnies out of the power supply?

At this point, I am very skeptical it is a dust or overheating problem. Over this whole process, the situation has been getting sort of worse. My USB keyboard/mouse/etc backlights have failed to light up after startup.

What is working: My mobo LED is ON. When I turn on the power, my fans all start to spin.

What is not working: My moniter stays in "sleep" mode. My keyboard and mouse apparently do not work, but since I can't see anything on the screen, I can't really tell.

/sigh this whole situation is really screwing me over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom