GPU Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

xNJxPlague

Solid State Member
Hello,
I am a fairly knowledgeable person when it comes to computers, but my gpu is really giving me a problem

It is a HIS radeon 4870 1gb

I will leave my computer off at night, then when i play a game it will work for maybe an hour and then crash and get the blue screen.
Now every time after that and i play a game it will crash every 5-10 min

I can do anything else on my comp except game.
It isn't overheating, i have 3 fans + the gpu fan cooler and while at max it is only 55-60 Celcius

Help? I already contacted HIS but they are in China and they take FOREVER to get back to me.

I have 6 gigs of RAM, the game is updated and runs off steam so it auto updates and it is ANY game i play, and i have the new ATI windows 7 drivers and CCC.

I am at a lost unless my GPU is just broken or there is something i don't know

My computer hardware has never changed in months and the only major software change was windows 7 but its been running ok for a month or two now.

I just googled 117 bug check code and that is the display driver. I just checked ATI website again and they came out with a new driver yesterday, so i am installing that and i will let you know if it works

Ok i installed the new ones and it didnt help, so i just used driversweeper and reinstalled so ill keep you updated. Im really hoping this works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom