Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt123

In Runtime
hi,
which is best for gaming,?
any price but i need better performance.
pls suggest..

Manufacturer doesn't matter as much as the specs of the laptop. WHile there have been studies showing the life cycle of a laptop can depend on the manufactuere, performance is more based on the specs of the laptop. I could say HP, but Dell can make one just as fast for gaming.

If you are taking about to of the line laptop from each of these manufacturers, then i would go with alienware because the parts are usually geared just for gaming.

I agree with Lex on the specs aspect. And most people would probably say Alienware.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone to buy a laptop for gaming, unless its free cell they want to play. I own an Alienware laptop and it does ok for gaming, except it tends to overheat easily. The reason I wouldn't buy again is its pointless, the purpose of owning a laptop is the portability, and my alienware is not portable at all. Add the fact that its ridiculously expensive compared to a desktop that performs at the same level.

If you want to game and you want a laptop, get a good desktop and buy a netbook.

p.s. If anyone wants an Alienware laptop, I'll sell mine for $600 obo, not even a year old.

The only way I would buy an Alienware laptop is if I lived in a dorm and I couldn't take my huge water cooled desktop everywhere with me for games. I could see a lot of people doing that as well, or buying something like that toshiba posted above.

I agree with everyone else. If you can avoid it, DO NOT PURCHASE A LAPTOP FOR GAMING. The point of a laptop is portability, and for a quarter of the price you could purchase a desktop.

I did the same thing 4 years ago with my HP. Bought top of the line, 17'' monitor, the works. While the laptop is great it isn't a laptpo... it is a huge piece of equipment that eats up battery life like no other. Out of the box new it would last 40 minutes on batteries (and i got the larger cell battery too!). Needless to say at this point it has like 30 minutes of battery life and it overheats all the time because of the processor and what not.

I understand some people needs laptops, i'm going to purchase a new one in the next year - but i guarantee it won't be for gaming. If it plays games great, but i'm not getting a monstorous laptop again.

but most of friend said alienware not provide better customer support and after sale service.
is it true?

Well, Dell owns Alienware now, so that could be true. I have some dell hardware, but I never needed support.

Build a desktop. You can save money for your necessities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom