PC mobo and graphics question

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
Im currently pressed for money and right now i need some opinions.

Here is my graphics card -

Micro Center - TurboCache GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB (1GB TC) GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card

and here is my motherboard (that i was going to get in addition to the graphics card) -

Newegg.com - ECS H55H-M(1.0) LGA 1156 Intel H55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Now my question is this. should i get the 2 things above or should i scrap the card til later and use the internal graphics of this board (below) until i have enough money to buy a new card?

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TH55B HD LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I got a 22" monitor with HDMI inputs and am planning on getting another 22 also with hdmi.

What do you think?

Oh btw i plan gaming in HD and lots of movies in both normal definition and HD.

Neither board has onboard graphics.

This bord looks to be a better board than either of those:
Newegg.com - ASUS P7H55-M PRO LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
$90 w/free shipping.

NewEgg has the same card:
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-96SEQ3P-FDL GeForce 9600 GSO 256MB - up to 512MB with TurboCache 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
$70 w/$8 MIR (TurboCache = the card will use up to 512MB of system memory)

Same price (no rebate), 1GB but a shade less powerful (basically equal), but with a lifetime warranty:
Newegg.com - XFX HD-467X-ZDF2 Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Comes with a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, though... no native HDMI.

Neither board has onboard graphics.

This board looks to be a better board than either of those:
Newegg.com - ASUS P7H55-M PRO LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
$90 w/free shipping.

NewEgg has the same card:
Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-96SEQ3P-FDL GeForce 9600 GSO 256MB - up to 512MB with TurboCache 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
$70 w/$8 MIR (TurboCache = the card will use up to 512MB of system memory)

Same price (no rebate), 1GB but a shade less powerful (basically equal), but with a lifetime warranty:
Newegg.com - XFX HD-467X-ZDF2 Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Comes with a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, though... no native HDMI.
After reading the specs, that what I thought. But when I watched the picture, it had a port for display v_v.

Also just corrected your minor error :p.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Both boards require a CPU with integrated graphics to make use of the video ports on the mobos (had to visit the manufacturer's sites to find this info).

Does the board Trotter put up have onboard graphics? And the card i put up from microcenter is bigger and cheaper than the one trotter put up from newegg.

Im currently pressed for money so i need either a board with good enough onboard graphics or a really cheap temporary board that has what i need and a video card.

Im also asking what you would do the better motherboard (any one not specifically the one i put up) or the board and card?

And is there anything else you need to know about my build?

Does the board Trotter put up have onboard graphics? And the card i put up from microcenter is bigger and cheaper than the one trotter put up from newegg.

Im currently pressed for money so i need either a board with good enough onboard graphics or a really cheap temporary board that has what i need and a video card.

Im also asking what you would do the better motherboard (any one not specifically the one i put up) or the board and card?

And is there anything else you need to know about my build?
Well since your currently pressed for money, what exactly would this system used for?
If gaming, what type of games?

Also no, the board Trotter posted, has no integrated GFX card and from my understanding; to get the 'video outputs' on either board to work, you will need a specific CPU with intergrated GFX.

By the basic info given so far, I would say go with the board Trotter posted and maybe the GFX card also. It costs less than your build and won't show much slow down compared to the parts you put up if it's for normal home use purposes and minor gaming.

i plan on playing some older games that shouldnt be a problem like diablo 2 starcraft CSS. and some newer games like borderlands and MW2 and L4D2 and a couple others. and games that have yet to come out like starcraft 2 and diablo 3. i just need something either good enough to play all these in good detail or something temporary that can play the older games now and i can upgrade later that will play these games.

Heres my build (as i have it now)

Mobo - Newegg.com - ECS H55H-M(1.0) LGA 1156 Intel H55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Processor - Micro Center - Core i3 530 Processor Boxed
RAM - Micro Center - XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) CL9 Memory Kit (Two 2GB Memory Modules)
Video Card - Micro Center - TurboCache GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB (1GB TC) GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card
Hard Drive - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Burner - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners
PSU - Micro Center - Tomahawk 405 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply
Case - Micro Center - Three Hundred ATX Case

it totals to a little less than 500 and that is about the area i wanna try to keep it. although if its necessary im willing to make some allowances on my budget.

i plan on playing some older games that shouldnt be a problem like diablo 2 starcraft CSS. and some newer games like borderlands and MW2 and L4D2 and a couple others. and games that have yet to come out like starcraft 2 and diablo 3. i just need something either good enough to play all these in good detail or something temporary that can play the older games now and i can upgrade later that will play these games.

Heres my build (as i have it now)

Mobo - Newegg.com - ECS H55H-M(1.0) LGA 1156 Intel H55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Processor - Micro Center - Core i3 530 Processor Boxed
RAM - Micro Center - XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) CL9 Memory Kit (Two 2GB Memory Modules)
Video Card - Micro Center - TurboCache GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB (1GB TC) GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card
Hard Drive - Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Burner - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - CD / DVD Burners
PSU - Micro Center - Tomahawk 405 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply
Case - Micro Center - Three Hundred ATX Case

it totals to a little less than 500 and that is about the area i wanna try to keep it. although if its necessary im willing to make some allowances on my budget.
Well from your build you listed there, all seems good to me. You may need a higher wattage PSU though. That should take care of the old games thus far, as for new games coming/came out like Borderlands, it's suppose to be able to handle them also, at least on medium graphics if not high.

So the build i have right now is good with the card and mobo we were just talking about (talking about older games and medium settings on newer games)? and when i get some more money what should i upgrade first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom