Home Built Computer Lock-up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VashCrowley

Solid State Member
Here's the thing... I got a new computer as a gift in January and it was home-built. The person who built it knows what they are doing, but is hard to get ahold of. I installed all of my usual software (Avast Antivirus, Microsoft Office '07, etc.) as soon as I got it. It seems though, that during graphics-heavy programs (Asda Story, a free downloadable online MMORPG I play), it decides to totally freeze up and I have to hit the reset button on the tower. The mouse won't move and if there is music playing at the time, the screen freezes but you can hear the same spilt second of music over and over (sounds kind of like someone saying duh-duh-duh-duh REALLY fast)... know what I mean? Also, in case it helps any, another symptom I have noticed is that I get the Blue Screen of Death sometimes, yet very rarely, when I "X out" Firefox 3.5.7. The "BSOD" says, "IRQL not less or normal" and then it restarts. I have checked the event viewer which is setup to record system errors and it says nothing has happened. Anyway here are the specs of the new hardware:

Windows XP SP3
Pentium Dual Core CPU E6300@2.8 GHz
1.9 GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 7050/Nvidia nForce 610i
2 Mirrored 250 GB Hard Drives

All of this stuff is brand new and was installed as soon as it was purchased. I have all my updated drivers for everything on the system, I've tried reseating the ram, I've checked all connections on the cables, and as far as I can tell, it's not over-heating. I downloaded a temperature monitor, but it never really seemed to ever change from 32° C. So I don't really know if was truly working. I wouldn't know what to change to make it work anyway. If ANYONE has had this same problem and found a solution or has some solution suggestions that I've not tried yet, I would be eternally grateful. Please help me someone. I know there is a solution, it's just a matter of finding it.

P.S. If you need anymore info, let me know. I will gladly supply it.

Just 10 minutes ago, I got a two new symptoms that may help anyone help me resolve this problem. #1- my screensaver (3-D text) kicked on and ran for about 10 minutes and the computer froze. #2- I was watching a live video stream on UStream.com and the computer froze. Hope this helps someone help me. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom