Computer Keeps Freezing Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseph-barker

Beta member
My computer has and continues to freeze randomly sometimes during boot sometimes 20 min into use...sometimes 2 hours...sometimes not for a whole day. But it keeps doing it....

Specs

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Motherboard: XFX nForce 750i SLI
Memory: CM2X2048-8500C5D also have CM2X1024-8500C5D
Video Cards: 2 EVGA 9400GT
Power Supply: 850w OCZ Model

I have 4 memory modules and i've tested them all with windows mem diagnostic invidivually...one of my 2GB modules is reported as having errors so i took it out...yet I still have the same problem......

I've got no clue anymore....

I would check and replug all of your psu connections. Since they are random I would lean towards a psu problem (possible failing psu) versus a heat problem. Still would not be a bad idea to download realtemp to check temps.

I just bought my power supply 3 months ago could it still be the problem

Btw my screen stays frozen like everything in the computer keeps running but my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and the screen stays pictured frozen to where i was.

Temps should be fine i've checked them and the CPU is well under 50 c and the graphics cards are normal. I've cleaned out the dust and my case is a HAF 932 so plenty of airflow

I'm back.... I thought it fixed but its starting to do it again.....it quit for 4 days or so and now its doing it quite frequently..... its Win 7 64bit Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom