Building a new gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylbertm92

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm new to these forums and I'm looking to build a decent gaming pc ranging from 600-1000 dollars, and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions for me.

Well mainly I'm trying to do some research on what would be the best parts to buy within that price range.

Thats a big price range. Obviously a computer costing $1000 is gonna be much better than one costing $600. So are you in favour of big performance or moderate performance and save some $?

Also, do you already have a monitor and an OS? or will you be needing those as well in your budget?

Oh yea, and welcome to the forums :p

I do have a monitor and os, along with a keyboard and mouse, I'm more interested in high performance really though, and I do eventually want to upgrade my monitor haha. I'm also kinda new to all the stuff that I'm going to need to have a good gaming pc, so that's why I came here for assistance.

and thanks :big_smile:

oh wow this is awesome :big_grin: thank you so much
I'm actually sitting in my programming class right now lol so when I get home I'll look at it more, but I really like this set up. I really appreciate it, and I'll for sure be coming back here :big_smile:
I'm sure I'll post on here how it runs once I get it all set up :big_grin:

well I'm going to keep most of those items, but I'm going to wait for the price of the card to go down, my dad works at state farm as an IT manager or something like that and he said he can get me a good video card for 60 bucks for what I want it to do, then when the direct x 11 cards go down I can upgrade to one of those.

and I'll post some pics, I'm waiting for a few more pay checks then I'll be ordering the parts and what not and putting it together :smile:

the 5870 is what made that build a hardcore gaming machine! w/o it its just a normal computer, hehe. You could get a 5850 or 5770 or even a 5750 if you want to save some money; because i'm not sure what card your dad will be able to get for $60... maybe a 4670 / 9600GSO ... which are no where near a 5770.

well once I get it tomorrow I'll tell you what it is I can't remember right now lol. But tht video card was the only thing holding me back from getting all of it on my next pay check. Working part time at walgreen's at 17 doesn't exactly bring in a lot of cash but I make enough to spend 1,000 in about a month and a half lol(apart from gas and car insurance, I hate that lol).
but I am definatly(spelling? lol) putting all of those items in there once I have the cash :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom