Danger Den compression fittings any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I'm lookin at these compression fittings to replace the ones I have. I think they look a lot cleaner..

Are they decent?

yhst-65556269779593_2088_12771773

(holy CRAP they're expensive!!)

These are identical to the Bitspower compression fittings. They aren't bad, but you gotta drop some serious dough on em.

Yep... they look sweet but I can't justify buying them when regular fittings are less than half the price...

I was just reading about that
I also came across this:
XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Primochill Ghost Fittings should not be trusted!!
Brian has spent a bunch of money to move the molds form China to a high quality company in California. They have determined that the Chinese company was not measuring in the UV protection additive--just tossing in whatever they felt was enough. If they added too much then it weakened the plastic. They also determined that the inserts cause more problems then they were worth and think we should eliminate those. The backs will now be acrylic with the correct amount of UV protection, no inserts, and molded in the US. We should have parts shipping within 2 weeks . . .there is also a premium Delrin version coming

FYI: what the chinese shop does is grind up the bad parts, mix that material in with new material, toss in some more UV inhibitor, and make new parts...so you never know what the UV inhibitor content is by percentage or volume from batch to batch - shop in California had us send a bunch of parts as a sample and they use a special light and took pictures and then you could see all the parts were different - recycling is good of course but you have to adjust the mixture based on the recycled content and apparently the Chinese dont - they just toss shait in - the cost on the new parts went up 400% in California because they do a LOT better/more work
So I'm guessing that means the ones manufactured in the US will be significantly stronger.

Maybe I should ask if they know where these ones were manufactured.
Or perhaps I should just get metal ones instead:
TFC Barb (Compression Fitting) - Nickel-plated, 1/2-3/4, G1/4 [FC-FI-1234] - $4.95 : GAM Mods, PC Water Cooling and Modding Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom