Doom 3: 9800 Pro vs. X800 Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i play on high as well. well i used to until i realise the game is deadly boring. but ive had no problems. i get lower bench scores than you as well which is kinda ironic. do u have this problem with any other game. like really rubbish FPS.

porsch1909 said:
i play on high as well. well i used to until i realise the game is deadly boring. but ive had no problems. i get lower bench scores than you as well which is kinda ironic. do u have this problem with any other game. like really rubbish FPS.

What resolution are you playing on and are you using AA? I play it fine on 1024x768 and no AA, but he is playing it on much higher than that and blowing me away. I used to have major lag problems in Far Cry, but these latest drivers keep me above 20 fps on that game on 1280x1024 and 2xAA.

well there is something wrong with your card i think. ive had no problems with mine. i am very happy with it in fact. im playing on 1024*768 and 4*AA and 6*AF. so these are pretty high settings.

Well I could play on high settings with my system below but with no AA, no AF, and at 800x600 resolution :D But I figure that's not too bad considering the lowest it goes is the teens every once in a great while when there's a few enemies and fireballs going around all at once, but not too bad considering it's previous gen nvidia, no performance ram, a bottleneck between CPU and RAM among other things lol. I'll eventually get my computer straightened out

i thought you were using those omega drivers bee? guess you went back because omega sucks! =)

porsch1909 said:
well there is something wrong with your card i think. ive had no problems with mine. i am very happy with it in fact. im playing on 1024*768 and 4*AA and 6*AF. so these are pretty high settings.

Are you serious? I wish I could play at those settings. At 1024x768 and 4xAA, i get from 10-20 fps, sometimes dips as low as 5.

i think you have a problem. it is a good card. reviews say so and reviews dont get those FPS in doom 3. try formatting the PC.

Nubius said:
Yeah beedub, thought you were exclaiming how great they were just a few days again :D

Yeah, they really improved my Far Cry performance and even improved my D3 performance on low res and no AA. But if I crank up the AA or res on D3, it still kills this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom