Really sweet lookin CPU Heatsinks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I may have liquid cooling, but I'm still a hardware junkie for crazy lookin CPU coolers.. :D

Here are a couple of my recent finds that I thought were pretty cool.

Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme -Rated #1 Temp section for heatsinks on the sit listed below.
Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme Heatsink Review - FrostyTech.com
tuniqT120Ex_pspc.jpg

Thermaltake SpinQ
Thermaltake SpinQ Heatsink Review - FrostyTech.com
TTspinQ_pspc.jpg

The Tuniq does look really cool :D But I bet it's hard to keep clean.

The Thermaltake is just a new spin on an old idea (squirrel cage fan).

^ nothing an air compressor won't fix.. :D I think it's black. Saw it on Newegg and thought it'd be sweet lookin with a red Y/L fan in there! :D

The SpinQ looks cool,m but something is telling me it's not very effective.

I have a small compressor I use for just such reasons. But it still looks like it would retain a lot of small particles. I usually remove my True Cooper every 3-6 months and soak it in Orange juice to remove the tarnish and all the small dust particles that don't blow off. But I wouldn't bother if the Copper didn't look so good clean :D

^ That's interesting, I remember reading a post a really long time ago where someone mentioned the same method. What do you use to wash the orange juice off, soap/water/thin brush?

Yes that is indeed where I saw it :p, great method to keep in mind no doubt!

edit: I still think the True Copper is one of the coolest looking heatsinks out there. It's just so...pretty....and you know, must be heavy as ****.

Yes that is indeed where I saw it :p, great method to keep in mind no doubt!

edit: I still think the True Copper is one of the coolest looking heatsinks out there. It's just so...pretty....and you know, must be heavy as ****.

Ohh ya, the TRUE copper is like 2 pounds :whistle:

Is it? I would probably have to set my case on it's side...I doubt my mobo could handle that kind of weight hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom