Oh dear, This cant be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, you don't need to run both power supplies. Even if you were running SLI as I am, you still would only need less than a 1000w. My system uses just over 800w at full load.

As for your problem, I also think it's your driver. The newest driver from Nvidia, 196.21 as well as all the other 190 series of drivers are crap. What's worse is after un-installing the 196.21 driver and running Driver Sweeper you'll still have leftover files. Look for a Nvidia folder in your Program Files and then look in Windows\System32\ and delete nvmctray.dll-nv13568 and nvapi64.dll-nv13568 (this file maybe named slightly different with a 32-bit OS). Once that is done install the 186.18 drivers from Nvidia.

Driver Sweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com
Win XP NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.18 WHQL
Win XP x64 NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.18 WHQL
Vista/Win7 32-bit NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.18 WHQL
Vista/Win7 64-bit NVIDIA DRIVERS 186.18 WHQL

Ok just to make you guys happy. I took out the 2nd power supply, completely. Now the whole system is running on the 1k watt. I didnt have to uninstall any old drivers, its a new hard drive and fresh install of XP. I installed the drivers from Nvidias site and the disc. I talked to a tech support person at Nvidia, she said i could have to much power coming from my +12v rail.

uhm...dude...you just bluntly said you installed 2 sets of drivers.

one from disc, and one from the website.

So if you didn't uninstall the old drivers (whichever you installed first) that's probably your issue lol

No. lol ::facepalm:: Ive tried both the drivers from the site and from the CD. *** Sorry i didnt make that clearer. Why in the world would install 2 drivers ? xD

did you uninstall the drivers between them? like install driver A, uninstall A, install B.

do you have the graphics card plugged in correctly?

is it seated correctly?

what is the temperature of the GPU at idle/load?

is the fan spinning or making any noises?

i have no clue what the problem could be really..just gotta troubleshoot it till you find out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom