Vista on the SSD... vid card loads late and dies out on me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
This has happened before.. But this time I got the firmware updated on the OCZ Vertex series SSD.. I've TRIED swapping drivers for the 4870 and it does the same thing.. That was why I gave up on it for a while.. (Vista Ultimate 32b)

NOW I got the FW 1.41 loaded for Vista (used this SAME OS CD for MANY installs) and the Vid card drivers load late.. it loads with the rest of the drivers once windows has started. Once the Vid card drivers load, the screen flickers and shuts down.. I get a RED LED light come on on the card. = D1601 - Red LED On, shows critical temperature fault.. I KNOW it's not overheating.. I KNOW it's not. This thing idles @ 28*c on liquid.

Why would it ONLY do this with the SSD and not ANY OTHER HDD I've used in the past two years?? And I've been thru many driver versions for this card and it's never done this.. I've loaded the SAME mobo driver disc for the board on many installs and I've used the same 4870 disc that came with the card on many installs. It's the SSD, but what PART?? it's plugged into SATA1 on the board, the DVD/RW is plugged into SATA4 or 5 I think..

The drivers load WELL after the welcome screen.. After the rest of the small devices finish loading.. -REALLY late.. IRQ Conflict?? What would the card show up as on the IRQ list during the post??

Gonna try downloading another card driver. Last time this happened, I reinstalled vista about 3 times before it acted right. -or a little better than what it was.

-=EDIT=- got the Driver off of the Powercolor site (Powercolor card) and it's OK now... But we'll see what happens.. It has done this to me a couple times already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom