Can I just switch Hard DriveS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltraskoo

Baseband Member
First off, thanks to everyone here with the help. If you guys still remember me (I doubt it), I was a newbie looking to build my own computer. I remember people like trotter helping me with a build and tips, and kudos to you guys very much. My computer is very fast and running at top-notch speed, vista or not.

My question now is that I have 2 computers, 1 is for gaming other is for high performance app (much better than gaming except for gfx card wise), I am wondering, I want to keep on the files on my gaming computer as it has everything and WINDOWS XP which I want on the other computer. My other computer has VIsta and not many apps. If I just switch the Hard Drive around on the computer. For example, I want to switch my gaming HDD with the High performance HDD so I can have Windows XP and ALL my saved files on the better computer and make it my gaming comp. Is there anything I need to switch other than HDDs?

Cliffs
- Can I switch HDD on two computer and have Windows XP with all saved data on one computer and Vista on the other.

Unless both PC's have the same mobo you will probably have to re-install the operating systems on both drives after swapping them.

Why? And no, I doubt the mobo's are the same, the gaming PC I have is a generic DELL one, while I got a Biostar mobo for my other one. How come it just can't just start running immediately normally?

Because both motherboards require different drivers in order for the Operating System to properly recognize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom