Advice on HP Touchsmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanllyn

Beta member
I bought a Touchsmart 300. Although it's not doing bad at multitasking and I pretty impressed with the software, I find I need something more powerful. All the reviews are saying it isn't for intensive photo or video editing and I do a lot of that while listening to music and such.
I usually build my own computers but I'm very intrigued by these all in ones. They are to some extent portable (just not as much to carry and (un)plug in). I've tried several laptops and have not been too impressed.
I am looking into getting one of the TouchSmart 600XT with 6 Gigs of memory and either Intel Core 2 Duo processor P8800 [2.66GHz, 3MB L2, 1066 FSB] or Intel Core 2 Duo processor T9600 [2.8GHz, 6MB L2, 1066 FSB]. Just not sure if the 2.8 will really make that much of a difference in performance.
Then my other thought is with the new i5,i7 Intel Core maybe I should hold off and see if one of these may be an option down the road. Anyone hear if HP is considering either of these cores for their TouchSmart line?
I need something within 90 days or so as that is my limit to return this computer.
Any thoughts/opinions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for listening and for any advice given.
Nancy

get the 2.8 cpu. the big difference is the cache. 6mb vs 3mb and get
6gb of memory. but your right about wanting it with the newer cpu. but when will it be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom