video/computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
ok. everything was working fine until i put in my new psu, and video card. Specs are in my sig. I put those in, and then games started to freeze, then go black, the gpu fan would ramp up, then the game would go bacdk to normal. That started happening very frequently. Then the occasional bsod started happening, in game and out of game. I thought it was a gpu problem, but i put another gpu in, and still same problem, except less bsod's. I reinstalled a little while ago just to rule out that, i had planed to do this anyway this week, so no big deal. But now the games are still freezing and crashing. I have not bsoded yet, but i have not been on the fresh install for long so it could most likely still start doing that. So any ideas what the problem is? Was thinking about running memtest, but i highly doubt that is the problem as i had to problem what so ever until the new gpu and psu was put in. Could maybe be a psu issue, but i don't know why it would cause this. The stop codes from the bsods really didn't lead to anything, but if it bsod's again i will post them, if i record them in time. Thanks for any help in advance.

to get a better look at the BSOD code, disable auto restart for system failures

my computer->properties->advanced system settings->startup and recovery settings->uncheck the auto restart box

that way it will stay at the bsod screen instead of restarting :)

sounds like a psu issue though, maybe you got a bad one.. you could also check your individual rails with HWmonitor, although that may not give a very reliable reading

my computer->properties->advanced system settings->startup and recovery settings->uncheck the auto restart box

that way it will stay at the bsod screen instead of restarting

thats where that is :D.thank ye kindly. Y the psu is really the only thing left that it could be. Just seeing if anyone had any other ideas. bsods started again btw. what am i looking for in hwmon tho, dont really understand that part. Regardless, tomorrow im going to hook up my old psu, if it fixes the problem then i'll rma the psu. I cant even get threw 10 mins of gaming without a freeze up, or crash at the moment, so i will know.

^ok, i don't think i'll really need that anymore, but thank you. I hooked up my old psu, and the problem stopped. so it is the psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom