Antec 900 Case Modding Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a picture of our Camaro:
12936_1122217710605_1681970837_250080_3209656_n.jpg

I have no idea how much hp it has.. All I remember is that they just bought something to bring it up to 450-ish.

My dad's owned this since it was brand new :tongue:

But anyways I'm going to start dismantling the case tonight so I can start as soon as I get home form school tomorrow. I'm fairly excited :lol:

yeah I know.. I didn't notice it until I had the motherboard in my hands. But oh well :tongue: it works just fine for me.

ASUS P5Q SE Plus. The 4-pin power connector is also in a very bad spot (with this big heat sink, anyway).. the very top left of the board.

Ahh I see. My last build must have had a weird board... it was in the top right.. I don't really remember any of my other builds :tongue:

Anyway, I cut the holes today. Worked out nicely :) Going to hopefully paint tomorrow, it was raining today :(

Also, do you think any local place sells cable sheaths? Like Best Buy or Walmart or something? That's really all we have around here for anything relating to computers :tongue:

^ There was a computer place out west (where I used to live) that had a kit. But for me to sleeve almost all of my cables, I would have needed the molex pin tool. I got a couple of the cables done, but not the ones I wanted too. I don't think wally-world carries it.. Fry's should, if you have one there..

There's one in LA and Vegas, which are pretty close... I had planned on going to Vegas for my senior graduation with a few friends over the summer, but I can't go to a Fry's any time soon :(

Ah well I'll deal with the cables :tongue:

Also, do you think any local place sells cable sheaths? Like Best Buy or Walmart or something? That's really all we have around here for anything relating to computers :tongue:

Check your local yellow pages for an electrical supply store, they will have multiple options and usually for pretty cheap. There are a bunch of them around, just harder to find. Not sure what you guys have there, here in Ontario there is sayal and tsc.

edit: Personally I like the top left placement of the power connection, I tuck the power cable behind the board and cut a hole at the top left to wire it in at, something like this:

Picture011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom