"OVERKILL 922"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for following and commenting guys! :grin:

Unfortunately Cooler Master doesn't offer a window option for the 922, but this doesn't phase me. I chose to install a transparent red window based on the feedback I received from the CM Storm I modified. Just so you're aware, the Red acrylic is dark and I have not installed a window in the 932 HAF yet.

Here are the steps involved for the 922

Materials & Supplies:

HAF922g_4010_tape_uchannel_red_acrylic.jpg

3M Scotch 4010 Mounting Tape Case Mod Tape of the Gods

U-channel edge molding for PC Mod Window

Clear & Colored Computer Case Windows

HAF922h.jpg

Tools:
Ruler, Pen, Painters or Masking Tape (I prefer 3M Scotch 233+ Green Tape) , Rotary Tool, Jigsaw with 18 TPI or higher metal cutting blade, Hand File. Not pictured is Safety Glasses, Empty Box and X-acto Knife (or Razer blade)

The HAF 922 side panel is similar to the CM Storm Scout.
HAF922b.jpg

Perforated portion of the stock panel will hold 1x 200mm cooling fan or 2x 120mm.

HAF922d.jpg

Start off by masking off the raised portion of the left side access panel with masking tape. I prefer to use 3M Scotch 233+ Green Tape. It leaves no sticky residue.

HAF922c.jpg

Window location with space measurements.

HAF922e.jpg

Use any roll of tape to make rounded corner. Round corners allow you to use the U-channel edge molding for PC Mod Window
U-channel window molding.

HAF922f.jpg

HAF922i.jpg

Before using the Jigsaw to cut the window, you need to make an incision cut with a Rotary tool with Dremel Cutting Discs & Wheels
Dremel 1.5" cutting wheel attachment.

HAF922j.jpg

HAF922l.jpg

Using Jigsaw with 18 TPI (or higher) metal cutting blade to cut the window opening. Notice I'm cutting on top of a box placed upon a stool.. This method allows you to turn the panel 360 degrees. It also collects the debris.

HAF922m.jpg

HAF922n.jpg

Using hand file to level and remove any jagged edges cause by the Jigsaw.

HAF922r.jpg

I've measured 9-3/4" length section from a 24" x 12" acrylic sheet. The window should measure 9-3/4" x 12"

img]http://www.mnpctech.3dpixelnet.com/picture_library/HAF922t.jpg[/img]

HAF922u.jpg

HAF922v.jpg

HAF922x.jpg

HAF922z_window_mnpctech.com3.jpg

I dissected the chassis for paint. The top panel with the power switch and I/O is fastened on with plastic tabs, located beneath the top panel. Very easy to remove!

coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9z7.jpg

The case chassis, just before removing the rear i/o slot covers, noise dampening felt strips for PSU and case feet.
coolermaster_HAF_pc_casemod9z8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom