install windows xp on netbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys,

ive got an asus eee 9 series the 20gb Solid state HDD with 1gb ram and i cant seem to install windows xp on it, it boots the cd up showing then the blue screen appears with the taskbar at the bottom showing the files being installed and for some reason the blue screen of death shows up

i was wondering because windows xp dosent support Solid state drives thast why it cant install on it

btw im using the 2002 windows xp cd with no sp on it so maybe thats why???

Agreed, you'll have to press F8 at installation and manually install the drivers for the SATA drive. Either that or go into the bios and change the setting that will essentually make the OS think it is an IDE drive when it is actually a SATA (i think it is something like AHCP). Keep in mind though that means you will be getting IDE speeds if you do that.

Plus why would you want to run a regular OS on a netbook? they are already to the point basically all you can do is open word and the internet..why would you want to add anymore strain to it?

^because, unless you can work around in *nix, and you have the proper software you need, XP is easier to get around with.

Todays netbooks, are more powerful than the P3's that came out with XP as OEM.

ive got the asus eee pc 900/linux but as i want to install windows xp on it i choose from the asus website the 900/xp from the drop down menu but i cant seem to find the driver for the solid state HDD, can anyone help??

heres the link just choose from the drop down boxes asus eee family then eee pc then 900/xp

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

mmm got a problem now its not a SATA HDD its an IDE one as it says it in the bios also i tried my mates copy of windows xp sp3 and it still shows the blue screen, so any help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom