$1,300 budget. Build or buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, you should be fine. And that is a smart move to be careful and neat with the wiring. That helps with not only the looks and organization, but contributes to better airflow also.

If you run into any troubles or questions, just ask here and someone can help you. Don't be embarrased to post up pics. I did about a year ago when I did my first build, it was fun and embarrasing, and got great feedback on it that helped me to make it better in the long run.

Hehe.
I guess I have no choice then, I'll have to take pictures.

Also, I read in a couple places that I might have to do some of the BIOS settings myself. Making sure my ram is set to the correct speed, etc.

More also, if/when I add more RAM to my computer..should I stick with the same sticks (or at least the same brand) or does that not matter?

Same with buying a second graphics card.
I am not sure if I really need to do that though.
I'd probably just replace it, if anything.

Yeah, same with the GPU. I mean, technically you can double up the GPU's for SLI or CF with any card in its generation, but it will scale down to the performance of the lower performing card out of the two. The best way to do is to get the same GPU again, doesn't have to be the same brand, but try and get the same specs. For example, if you buy a card with 800mhz on the clock and then you buy a second of the same brand/model and but it is at 850mhz (factory overclocked and costs more), when you pair it with your original 800mhz for a CrossFirex set up, both cards will perform at the lower 800mhz. Just how it works. Now can I confused you more? :p

Oddly enough, that made sense.
Thanks.

Okay, well I missed out on a discount on the tower I planned on getting..so I have to change towers again.
Which is good because the Antec 900 wasn't very appealing to me anyways.

Switched to this one.

Also, I got the money today and have already placed the order.
Now...the wait.

Well, I already got the monitor, the graphics card, and the CPU.
The monitor is AMAZING.
I have it plugged up to my ****box and it is spectacular.

I haven't opened the other stuff yet.
Still waiting on Newegg to finish shipping.

I think it is coming in tomorrow.

Okay.
I got the parts in today.
Four hours ago.

I've been trying to assemble my computer since then but I feel like I am in over my head.
For starters, I could not get my motherboard to where the screws would go in properly with the I/O shield installed.

Secondly, there are many cables coming from the power supply that I did not expect and am unfamiliar with.

Thirdly, I cannot figure out how to mount my hard drive into the tower. I know where it goes, but have yet to succeed in placing it.

Fourthly, I do not have a screw driver. There is one in my friends car though, so I am waiting for him to get off of work.

Lastly, I am fairly convinced that the power supply is supposed to have some way of being locked into place, but have yet to find it.

Things I have done.
- Put CPU inside the motherboard.
- Added heat sink.
- Put RAM in motherboard.
- Put GPU in motherboard.

That's pretty much it.

I took the graphics card out, installed the motherboard, and an about to put the graphics card back in.

Also, I found out how to plug my hard drive in.
Friend is home, I have a screw driver now.

(Oh, an I fixed the I/O shield.)

So now it is just...the fact that I forgot to buy a CD/DVD drive (using another one anyways.) and that my power supply move around inside the case.

I'll look at that guide though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom