Laptop won't charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azariah

Beta member
Alright i admit it... I dropped my laptop. It ran completely fine under battery power but the battery failed to charge. I suspected internal damage. No longer covered under warranty, I took my chance and disassembled to see if I could figure out the problem. One of the wires connected to the power jack (not soldered onto the motherboard) was pinched almost completely off. I fixed that but something is still wrong. When I plug it in, the critical battery light blinks every 5-6 secs, but all other LEDs remain off. Nothing else happens. Zero. Nada. Zilch. All connections appear fine, cables are fine, all other parts appear fracture-free. I'm stuck. Does anybody have any idea what I should be looking for?

Running a Toshiba Satellite A200 btw. Thanks!

ensure that your battery is seated correctly. once that is done *as I'm sure it is* check to make sure that your "pinched" wire did not cause a short, see if you can see any burn marks around the power receptical on the board. ensure that the receptical itself is not damaged. also, make sure that the solder isn't cracked or damaged as this can signify more damage yet

Was it powered on when you dropped it? If not it's almost surely a connection/solder problem. If so your problems may run deeper. But triple check that area that was pinched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom