Newbie here, Building my dream rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

modular99

Beta member
Hey guys, been thinking about building a decent gaming rig for awhile now and just finally decided to pull the trigger on it, i will be on here probably frequently with pic's and lots of q's lol well heres what i got so far, i still have a few things to pick and choose.

XION Power Real 1000W ATX Power Supply

EVGA P55 FTW 200 Motherboard - Intel P55, Socket LGA1156, 3-Way SLI+PhysX, Crossfire

Intel Core i5 750 BX80605I5750 Processor - 2.66GHz, LGA 1156, 8MB L3 Cache, Quad-Core, Lynnfield

Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB Hard Drive ST31500341AS - 7200RPM, 32MB Cache, SATA-3G

Aerocool 5.25" 4 Temp/4 fan color Touch LCD panel

LG 22X DVDRW SATA w/o Software

Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Black Case

any thoughts on video cards and ram? also i dunno if i should buy a differnt heat sink or not, was thinking about the Megahalems Rev.B, and it will be a windows 7 os. do you guys think ill be able to run some top end games with this setup?

Have these items already been purchased?

what is your budget for gpu?

an aftermarket heatsink is a great idea if you plan to overclock.

Nobody advised me to buy any of the parts, just been browsing the net and viewing what others had for gaming rigs and just picked what i liked, and browsed a few websites that sell computer componets.

Your other choices were excellent. Just the psu is suspect. That is why I asked if you had purchased them already.

I've done a little more researching and am thinking about ordering a different psu now, i was thinking about getting an ultra, sombody also told me that i would be just fine with 750 watts? what do you guys think....

This one should do the job.

Ultra X4 750-Watt Modular Power Supply - 135mm Fan, ATX, Lifetime Warranty, 80+ Bronze, NVIDIA SLI & ATI Crossfire Certifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom