Going with Laptop's

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
Im looking to spend atleast £250 for a decentish laptop

wont be used for gaming but used for multi tasking and having chat's up msn ect

is it possable to get one this cheap?

feel free to post links (in the uk please)

if this is the wrong place feel free to move it

thanks.

You're in the right place :wink:

I would suggest looking at the Dell line. There are different types, don't get the lowest. I think a 15" screen should be fine.

A quick conversion shows 250 pounds equivalent to about $400. The only place I've seen that sells new laptops for that price is Wal-Mart, and that's only occasionally. Dell isn't going to sell a new system that low. You might be able to find an older refurbished laptop, but if you want something new, you'll have to step up to around $600.

The only laptops I know selling at brand new prices at $400 are either netbooks from the more well known brands (HP, Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Asus, Sony), or 14 inchers from Neo.

You will NOT find a decent laptop for that little. You will find netbooks for that amount.

Also you do NOT need a dual core CPU for the limit stuff you say your doing. Multi-tasking? Like what? Heck everyone multi tasks. Just opening a browser while having a email program open is considered multi tasking. Maybe if you gave a bit more info?!?

I would not buy refurbished. It was sent back for a reason. The Sony is a waste. It will cost you just as much to get a replacement battery. They state it only runs for 45 minutes. What is the point for such a short amount of time? You might as well stick with a desktop.

Well i wanted to go smaller and be able to use the laptop around the house
as i cant keep on moving the desktop can i?

the battery life doesn't bother me so much as i can just use the mains + it will be easyer to move around

would a notebook beable to do what i want it to do?

Sure you can. The question is do you want to? So dont get snippy.

Teh battery life should bother you. When laptops are slated to be able to run for 3 hours and they say only 45 minutes? Less than a quater of expected life span. That is just stupid to even consider it.

I dont know if a notebook can do what you want. You told me NOTHING that you want to do.

MSN, mIRC, and everything else you said can be done on a 5 year old laptop running an old Pentium mobile chip. So until you finally give some real details on what you want to do the answer will still be the same.

Dont get a refurb, the Sony isnt worth it, and you dont need a Dual Core CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom