Which Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeRo1989

Beta member
Hey, havent been keeping up to date with all the current cards, and my 8800 ultra has just died (colorued dotted lines accross screen, even in bios) i'm just trying to get advice as to what card to go for? is the 295 worth the money? is it worth going over to ATI to make use of DX11?

My plan was to wait for the GT300 but with my card dead i'm at a situation where i'm going to need to buy a card pretty quickly.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

295 is not worth it.
Depending upon budget and psu I would first look at the 5870 at this point in time.

If you want to stay nvidia you can pick up a gtx260 to hold you over until fermi is released. Then you can sell it or use it as a physx card.

If it helps i planned ahead when i built the machine and chucked in a 1000W modular PSU, i cant seem to find anywhere a reliable source on a release date for gt3xx or "fermi", the only one with an actual date mentioned april this year

If it helps i planned ahead when i built the machine and chucked in a 1000W modular PSU, i cant seem to find anywhere a reliable source on a release date for gt3xx or "fermi", the only one with an actual date mentioned april this year

You won't find any solid evidence that it is comming out until launch day. Right now it is all smoke and mirrors. No solid product, but its comming!! :umm: But for real, they have been hyping that card up for months and nothing has been shown for it. If I was you, I would look at a 5870 or 5890 if money allows and be happy.

I have a 5770 right now and am pretty happy with that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom