star trek online or global agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beherenow71

Baseband Member
Anybody planning to play either of these games? Or anyone in the beta? I'm trying to decide if either one will be worth checking out and/or paying a monthly fee for.

Unfortunately I doubt they will be worth it. As much as I like star trek, the games are just not appealing to those who are not fans.

I hope the official release will prove me wrong.

I am in open beta for Star Trek Online (STO), and I have purchased a lifetime subscription. The game is still in its infancy, but I wanted the preorder goodies and intend to stick around for the long haul. All new MMOs seem to have no shortage of people ready to bash them. The game play is geared towards action, which is part of why some trek fans are disappointed. I would advise giving any new MMO six months or so to find its legs. I have been a long time player of City of Heroes/Villians (CoX), and I have faith in Cryptic's ability to make the most of this IP.

I would be going for ST:O between the 2 games.
Firstly I have played Champions Online which is done by Cryptic. I do feel that the game is well supported.
Secondly, we are talking about the intellectual property of Star Trek. I am sure that the servers will have lot of trekkies and trekkers on there 24/7 living out there star trek dreams.

They sent me an email with the offer of a lifetime membership for $239.99, however the lifetime is just for the life of the game. So I guess they think $239.99 is a great bargain price.

Only a fool will play this game.

They sent me an email with the offer of a lifetime membership for $239.99, however the lifetime is just for the life of the game. So I guess they think $239.99 is a great bargain price.

Only a fool will play this game.

Considering that the monthly subscription is $15 per month, you would want to be seeing yourself playing the game for 16 months before you would be making that sort of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom