Locking up when I come out of sleep mode....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam P

Solid State Member
I just installed windows 7 pro on my acer laptop. It's been a week now since that install and 3 times now my laptop has locked up a minute after coming out of sleep mode. Installed the 32 bit version of windows on my laptop and desktop, but I am not having this issue with the desktop. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Yes I hit the power button to bring it out of sleep mode. It is after windows resumes that it locks up. Mouse pointer stops moving and it won't do anything. Or it will lock up as soon as I open any application.

Haven't checked the bios, but I did look at thhe logs. All they showed is that the system shut down unexpectedly due to shuting off the power(that would have been me after the lock up), but nothing prior to that or after.

Checked the bios, and all appears ok there. I even ran a memory test when i restarted windows and all was good there. Is there a possibility that maybe I should wait a couple minutes after coming out of sleep mode before I attempt to run anything?

I would wait. Ensure that this is truely a sleep issue opposed to just an application issue. Wait 15 minutes to see if the system locks up, if not then start using the PC to test.

I think some models are having this problem with 7. Vista was horrible with wake up problems. I've heard a few other complaints on this. Keep you eye out for a patch , there will surely be one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom