poizen is back :D with a new build coming soon "hopefully"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
Ok so i am back after being away for a few months. luck was on my side and i seem to have managed to get myself a new job that pay quite well so hopefully by my birthday i will have a new rig i'l give a list and price of the parts i'm looking at, a lot has happened since i have been gone and i'm a little iffy on the parts i am choosing but hopefully you guys can help me out. for this new build i really want to go for clean and quiet so please try and keep that in mind.

here is a list of my parts so far.

cpu- NCIX.com - Buy Intel Core i5 750 Quad Core Processor Lynnfield LGA1156 2.66GHZ 8MB Cache Retail Box - BX80605I5750 In Canada. core i5 750 i did want to go for the 860 but i am unsure of perforemence gain vs the cost on the 750 i will be oncing so i should not have to worry about to to much.

mobo- NCIX.com - Buy EVGA P55 FTW 200 ATX LGA1156 DDR3 SLI CrossFire 4PCI-E16 1PCI-E1 1PCI Sound GBLAN Motherboard - 141-LF-E658-KR In Canada. was a litle on the pricey side but i loved the look of it and i would like to be able to go cross fire or sli in 16x lanes so this board really apealed to me

memory- NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM Ripjaws 4GB 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 240PIN Dual Channel i5 Memory Kit - F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM In Canada. they look like they arent to to bad i'm quite lost when it comes to ddr3 memory and what good timings are and speeds are plus i liked the price on these.

gpu- ok so here is really wanted to splurge so i went with this NCIX.com - Buy XFX Radeon HD 5870 850MHZ 1GB GDDR5 4.8GHZ 2XDVI HDMI Display Port DIRECTX11 PCI-E Video Card - HD-587A-ZNF9 In Canada.

hsf- whent with noctua NCIX.com - Buy Noctua NH-U12P SE2 LGA775/1156/1366 AM2/AM3 I7/I5/PHENOM Heatpipe Cooler W/ 2XNH-P12 120MM Fans - NH-U12P SE2 In Canada. for just about the same price i was looking at the corsair h50 looks kinda cool i herd it has not bad performance but i am unsure of anything i have read

optical- im just gettiing a reg samsung sata drive no worries

hdd- i have an unused 500gb seagate 7200.11 drive i will be using.

os- NCIX.com - Buy Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM - GFC-00599 In Canada. w7

psu- NCIX.com - Buy XFX 750W Black Edition Single Rail Modular ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Silver - P1750BCAG9 In Canada. the xfx 750w i have been intrigued on these since i herd about them last year and the price was right but am open to alternate suggestions

case- NCIX.com - Buy Silverstone Fortress FT02B ATX Black Aluminum Unibody Case 4X5.25 5X3.5INT No PS - FT02B In Canada. i felt once again i needed to spoil myself a little this design looks so clean its painted black all ready hdd hot swap ready many mobo cut outs the 90` design and over all just such a clean sexy look its also noise reducing and is 100% aluminum the chasey itself is 1 piece as well.

before shipping and taxes but after price matches it comes to 1,627.41 Canadian $

i am open to suggestions and recommendations but please if you add any suggestions please bare in mind i am in Canada unless you see a wicked deal i can get wildside or difolo to help me out. its good to be back and i am preaty exited about the new job and eventually this machine as its been over 1 year 21k 3d06 rig died :(

i can match against newegg.ca i just dont use them because they charge rediculous shipping charges i looked at getting a silverstone raven from them and they wanted to charge 170$ for expedited shipping... so i price match them if they are cheapest but never buy from them i go straight to shop bot most of the time and use it.

I wouldn't suggest the evga board, i got the P55LE with my i5 system and it won't run my RAM in dual channel, it only reads half of it.

the Evga p55 boards also have this neat trick where you hit the power switch, and it starts to boot, than shuts of for about 2 seconds, than boots up normally.

flashing the bios did nothing to fix the thing.

if i were to do it over again, i'd get the Asus sabertooth P55 board, i've never had any problems with my A7n8x deluxe, or my A8n32 SLI deluxe, and this taught me better stick with what works.

The only thing i like about the evga boards is that they're black.

Welcome back.

The way I understand it the p55 chipset will only allow for x8 in crossfire/sli. While it will not cripple you for multi gpu you will get better performance from a x58 and i7 920.
AnandTech: ATI HD 5870 Scaling Performance: X58 vs P55 Showdown

If you are willing to spend that much on a board I would look at:
NCIX.com - Buy EVGA X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 3PCIE-16 PCI-E1 2PCI SLI SATA2 eSATA Dual GBLAN Motherboard - 132-BL-E758-A1 In Canada.

i7 920 and 6gb of ram. It will run you around 150 CAD more.

the evga ftw 200 has a nvidea nf200 chip that gives it more pci-e lanes and id rather have 1156 just for the fact that i have the option to buy some more midrange chips as they release where as with 1366 il be looking at more expensive chips always. it has 16x lanes up 3x sli or crossfire the evga x58 does not do xfire the p55 ftw 200 does also il check out the asus board as far as boards go evga or asus have never done me wrong i am really just trying to keep a certain look thats for the tips everyone, is the 860 worth going for over the 750???

the Evga p55 boards also have this neat trick where you hit the power switch, and it starts to boot, than shuts of for about 2 seconds, than boots up normally.

flashing the bios did nothing to fix the thing.
same thing on my evga x58... ITS SO ANNOYING

lol

welcome back btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom