Building a new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandelljr

Beta member
Greetings,

I am currently working on building myself a "nice" desktop for a good price, I am wondering if there is anything else I need to have it preform better, or anything else I will need to make it work correctly. I have currently purchased:

AMD Athlon II x2 240 2.8ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Micro ATX
G.Skill 2Gb(2x1Gb) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDRw 800 (PC2 6400)
RAIDMAX Tornado case w/ 450w power supply

- Other than these parts, what else would I need to create a PC that would work well for WoW(World of Warcraft) and general web stuff?

-I am mostly into WoW so that's what I am going to use it for, should I get another grafix card?

- I also have a SATA HDD from my Dell XPS400 that I want to use on this, can I install that HDD and use the Dell windows disk to install windows(the recovery one that came with it when I bought it) and then install all the drivers with Everest or some similar program?

- Are there any upgrades I don't NEED but I should get, to make the computer noticeably faster?

I want to run it at at least 30~ fps at at least med-high grafix settings and be able to look at stuff online w/ firefox etc. while on the game in windowed mode.

Thanks for any help :big_smile:

you might be able to play with the onboard on like, the lowest settings maybe.

a dedicated gfx card would be much better, but we need to know your budget.

I don't really have a "budget" I am just getting what I want when I need it if I can afford it. I can probably spare around 150~ for a graphix card, if my old one (I believe it's NVidia GeForce 6800) doesn't work. As for my Windows question, will the Dell Windows disk work for it? Or is it bound to a certain chipset etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom