Boot Up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
I have a boot up problem on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite P300D), running on Windows Vista Ultimate. When I turn the power on, it beeps loudly twice, the shows the following black screen message:

Phoenix TrustedCore(tm) NB
Copyright 1985-2006 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
All Rights Reserved

ATI Herring (DDR2 + RS690M/T/SB600)
CPU = AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology
CPU Speed = 2000Mhz

639k System RAM Passed
3070 Extended RAM Passed
1024 kb L2 Cache
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
ATAPI CD-ROM: Pioneer DVD-RW
Fixed Disk 0: Toshiba MK2546GSK
Mouse Initialized
ERROR
System Configuration Data Read Error

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to Setup

What happens is that pressing F1 starts the PC correctly, however this always happens upon boot up.

Something is configured wrong and your BIOS is set to 'hault on all errors'

Get into the bios and poke around for the error reporting tools and set it to 'only hault on fatal errors' or something similar to that.

How do I just fix the wrong configuration instead?

Oh yeah, how do I take screen shots of the BIOS setup so you could help me better? I need to whip out a camera for that right?

Mouse Initialized
ERROR
System Configuration Data Read Error

Looks like a mouse error. Are you using a USB mouse? More than likely you'd need to find a setting that allows for a USB mouse OR use a PS2 mouse. If you aren't using a mouse at all and using the trackpad try connecting a mouse to it and see if the error goes away.

I am using a USB mouse. I disconnected the laptop from everything (even LAN), and booted it up using the batter power, and it still had that error. I was wondering, how would I know if a BIOS I'm downloading is correct, because mine is only on v2.0, and I saw on the Toshiba site that they have a v3.XX BIOS for the Satellite P300D series, but there's two of them. Oh yeah, I dont know how to update the BIOS, but I'm sort of guessing that doing so could solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom