Making a Gamer PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyaguh07

Solid State Member
OK i am going to make my own pc put i don't know if the part i choose are good so...
im asking what do u think? or can i make it better?
im new at this building pc thing
if i can make it better reply plz

motherboard: 680i LT
Intel Core 2 Q9550 Quad Core
graphic card: XFX GeForce 9500GT 1Gb
power supply: Corsair TX-650W
chassis: HAF 922
cpu cooler: COOLER MASTER VENTOINHA V8
fan: Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM Fan 120mm

You don't want to go with a socket 775 CPU, go for socket 1366 or 1156 (i5 and i7 CPUs). Newer, faster CPUs for roughly the same price. Have a look at the i5s.

That graphics card isn't designed for gaming, you'll want something better, at least a 9800GT or ATi equivalent.

well im from Europe i don't know how much is in dollars but less than 1000€
i want to get one pc that can handle whit crysis in highest
maybe this will help?

it such a lame coz newegg does not ship internationally i wish they could. $ is more cheaper than £/€ but yeah i agree with yamikotai go for 1156/1366 socket.

Well, in newegg the i5 660 is more expensive than i5 750 for $8. I think you will be better served with a i5 750 since it's a pure quadcore.
My i5 setup cost me €750 more less. If you don't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse or DVD drive you can get a i5 rig easily, or maybe a i7 920 rig.
What's the link of the store you're buying from?

Well, in newegg the i5 660 is more expensive than i5 750 for $8. I think you will be better served with a i5 750 since it's a pure quadcore.
My i5 setup cost me €750 more less. If you don't need a monitor, keyboard, mouse or DVD drive you can get a i5 rig easily, or maybe a i7 920 rig.
What's the link of the store you're buying from?
im still choosing the parts so...
i didn't found a store yet
im trying to do a cood pc (with no monitor, keyboard or mouse) i wanted to make one that could handle good games in high graphics but that don't cost a lot of money =/
Can you help me?

I understand all the craze of the i5's and i7's and yes they are a bit faster than the regular quad cores, however, it just simply is NOT necessary for your regular needs like gaming, or surfing the web. Most people just like to get the newest and best technology there is at the time. Just 4 months ago I built my gaming pc and was on the fence of either getting a 775 socket or going with one of the newer sockets to run an i5 or i7. I stuck with the 775 and got a core 2 quad q9400. Guess what I can play any game on max without any problem what so ever. Remember most games don't rely on cpu as much as the gpu. And almost no games even use all 4 cores in the quad. Crysis and Far Cry 2 are the only ones I can think of. And when they do start utilizing 4 cores for games. I seriously doubt that a setup with an i7 will be 20% faster than one with a q9550. If you don't believe me look up the benchmarks for both processors. You will see that they are very closely matched. Now, if you were in the movie business and needed to render 3d or any other daunting task, then getting an i7 would make sense. Just putting all of this out there.

^ But if it fits in the budget, why not? And why buy old technology so that you have to update it later, when you can buy new technology that fits well within the same budget, so that you don't have to update it as soon as if you went with older technology?

Building and customizing a PC's usually happens with what we want in mind, not what we need. If it was just we needed...well, then it wouldn't be much of a hobby.

I do agree, don't buy anything you won't use if you're not the type of person who can appreciate it or you simply don't want it. But if you want it....get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom