PCI-E problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperator

Beta member
Hi,

I am using GA-945GZM-S2 and Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT.....in my manual I read that when I use PCI-E 16x graphics card, I should be able to modify PCI-E Frequency with range from 90 - 150 MHZ....however, I only have the following:

- Auto
- SYNC
- ASYNC

Also in my manual I read that the PCI-E Frequency should be 100 MHZ, but currently it`s 33 MHZ

How I can fix this ?

Only thing I can think of is that your card might be idling and reducing the frequency to save power? In Bios you would notice a place to adjust (usually where you can overclock/adjust voltages) and you can raise that. I wouldn't warrant raising that above 103 or 104. If you want to overclock, you should be looking at things like Rivatuner. That is if the rest of your computer is stable and power is clean enough. :smile:

Only thing I can think of is that your card might be idling and reducing the frequency to save power? In Bios you would notice a place to adjust (usually where you can overclock/adjust voltages) and you can raise that. I wouldn't warrant raising that above 103 or 104. If you want to overclock, you should be looking at things like Rivatuner. That is if the rest of your computer is stable and power is clean enough. :smile:

Well, I am OC`ing my Pentium D 925....So as to get a decent clock, I need to raise PCI-E Frequency @ 103 max....that should fix my problems....a while ago, I had this option in BIOS, but it`s gone now...

Did you update the BIOS to a newer one? If so, flash it with an older one, and see if that remedies the problem. I had something similar to that happen to mine. Flashed it with a newer BIOS, and I couldn't disable my smart fan function.

I wouldn't think that GPU frequency would have any affect on your CPU frequency. Unless you have jacked up your GPU frequency and think that somehow is causing your computer to freeze up. In any case, you should make sure every part in your computer is compatible with each other and there are no errors or overheating going on .

I wouldn't think that GPU frequency would have any affect on your CPU frequency. Unless you have jacked up your GPU frequency and think that somehow is causing your computer to freeze up. In any case, you should make sure every part in your computer is compatible with each other and there are no errors or overheating going on .

It does actually. I'm not sure why, but when I was OCing I got some help and was told to increase aforementioned frequency. It helped.

Strange, I would think they would be on 2 totally different circuits. At any rate, Even though you are able to raise it to 150... Most I have seen is like 110 and that was an extremely overclocked machine.

Strange, I would think they would be on 2 totally different circuits. At any rate, Even though you are able to raise it to 150... Most I have seen is like 110 and that was an extremely overclocked machine.

Yeah, too high for the machine, and you can screw yourself over. I clocked mine to 112-115, and my integrated network controller failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom