Audio driver problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

schwarg

Baseband Member
So I recently reformatted an old machine, and I seemed to have forgotten the proper drivers for my mobo. So I check and it's an intel D850EMV2. According to the intel site, the proper drivers are these. However, they don't install properly on my machine. But the thing is now when I reflect back on it, I clearly remember using the Realtek AC'97. So I go back and try those and the installation goes fine but upon reboot it still doesn't recognize the hardware and shows up as a (?) Multimedia controller in my device manager. Where do I go from here?

Using XP Pro w/ service pack 2, haven't tried using windows update yet, always found it to be a pain in the ***, but I'll give it a go anyway.

And no, new hardware wizard didn't do jack for me...

Tried that one....came back with the following error

untitled-1.jpg

Make sure you uninstall ALL the previous drivers you tried first. When did it give you that error? During the setup of the new driver?

Yup, right at the end of the setup that's the last thing it displays. From what I can tell, there are no other audio drivers installed.

No I didn't. So, did some google detective work and tracked them down, got it working great now, thanks for all the help you guys :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom