dead pixel on screen - can this be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinks these are close:

W2253TQ
or
W2243T

Thank you. The store does not carry the ones you mentioned.
Another tthing is, they told me I can't expect to get about the same value back that I paid then because the monitor was used for 10 months, which means I may not get a monitor of the same value as what I paid 10 months ago.
This makes me wonder if it's worth it for a tiny little dead pixel.

They do have other two IMO comparabel LG's:
LG W2343T-PF
and
LG W2253V-PF

What do you guys tihnk? Would these two be a good replacement for my L227WTP-PF?

Another tthing is, they told me I can't expect to get about the same value back that I paid then because the monitor was used for 10 months, which means I may not get a monitor of the same value as what I paid 10 months ago.
WTF?!? Don't let them get away with that one! You bought two monitors from them as well as warranties they were offering, both monitors have gone bad within a year and they should be trying to get back into your good books, not telling you they aren't going to honor the warranty.
This makes me wonder if it's worth it for a tiny little dead pixel.
It's only as "worth it" as you think it is.

WTF?!? Don't let them get away with that one! You bought two monitors from them as well as warranties they were offering, both monitors have gone bad within a year and they should be trying to get back into your good books, not telling you they aren't going to honor the warranty.

It's only as "worth it" as you think it is.

I actually agree, but I thought maybe it's just me.
But yes, I also think according to their warranty they should replace my monitor with a monitor of the same value as what I paid back then. That's what I thought would be common sense, but apparently they think differently over this.....
I sent them an e-mail mentioning this, now I will see what they say when they get back to me.

You could try a few home remedies for dead pixels. If you google them they are usually flashing colored lights that you leave running on the screen on the dead pixel for a day or so or overnight. And some other stuff.

I never had any luck with them, but apparently they work sometimes on Nintendo DS screens with dead pixels and on some monitors.

I actually agree, but I thought maybe it's just me.
But yes, I also think according to their warranty they should replace my monitor with a monitor of the same value as what I paid back then. That's what I thought would be common sense, but apparently they think differently over this.....
I sent them an e-mail mentioning this, now I will see what they say when they get back to me.

It's not just you, that's awful. If they think differently then they think wrong.

They sent me a LG W2253V-PF as a replacement, and on their website it said it was a 22"screen, vbut when I got it yesterday it read on the box that it's a 21.5"only.
So, I will have to send it back :(

I'm not up on monitors. I haven't bought one in over four years. Compare the specs of the two and see what the differences are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom