PC Crashed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpecial

Baseband Member
I have just tried installing the game Call of Duty: United Offensive, but unfortunately, it does not work. I tried reinstalling both CoDs, it doesn't work. So, I tried the Activision help support page. It did not help either. So, it told me to turn off all programs. So, I turned off every single program it told me to. But, for one of the programs, it said it was going to restart. And well, it sort of did. It turned off, but when it tries to turn back on, it says theres something wrong with some kind of newly installed hardware. I tried starting in Safe Mode, but it wouldn't allow my to use my keyboard to select the choices. I triede everything else, like other keys, my mouse, my joystick, but still no luck. I have tried restarting it many times, but it still crashes.

While I tried to install UO, it would always freeze at the end of the installation, after it tells me to insert CD 1. So, I do, but it does absolutly nothing... So, I tried reinstalling both CoD's, but after I installed the first one, and tried the Expansion pack, it says something about the Installer Script error. Thats when I went to get help and they told me to shut down all programs.

I have reinstalled/reformatted my WHOLE entire computer earlier the last month, and I don't really feel like doing it again. So, is there any way that my computer and possibly UO will ever work again? Or are you going to tell me that I spent $30 to ruin my computer?

I would contact tech support for the game. What verison of windows do you have. Any virus scanners.

I have Windows XP, and I only have a free, evaluation version of the Norton Anti-Virus. I have considered contacting the support for the game, but first, I would think it would be better to get my PC back to normal first.

Well, I called Dell, and unfortunately, they said that my Hard Drive crashed.... Looks like I lose everything once again :(

hmm, try a system restore. or repair windows with the install cd. You can try running ur pc as a barebone also, just mobo, vid card, ram, and cpu.

Well, I got a technician coming here to help, so that wont be needed. But, I have tried all of those, and they did not work. I tried "Safe Mode"and "Last known configuration". Still, it didnt work.
Also, could I still try to install the game, without it crashing again? I heard you can, but I want to be sure about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom