my build

Status
Not open for further replies.

geforce8800

Banned
I have put all together the parts, cables, fans etc but am sure if it the cables are in the correct place. haha scared to fire up my machine.

my build did power up, but doesnt do anything the cpu_led colour just below where the cpu slot is red isnt supposed to be green as well?

asus p7p55d-e pro mobo

Reseat RAM (take out each stick and put them back in again). If there's still the red light when you power up, use only one stick, if it works then add another.

And perhaps look in the motherboard manual to see if the red light means anything specific.

And some questions just in case:
You have attached the CPU heatsink correctly?
Have you tried reseating the CPU heatsink?
Did you put thermal paste on the CPU/heatsink?
You have the 4- or 8-pin CPU power connector plugged in?
You have the 24-pin motherboard power cable plugged in?
You have the GPU power cable(s) plugged in?
Have you tried reseating the GPU?

it works now, but when I turned on the machine it says no hard disk detected, also people dont actually recommend using the cd comes with the mobo instead download the latest one.

can someone link me to a proper link because there are alot of links and i dont know which one am going to download.

ASUS P7P55D-E PRO Motherboard

It'll say no hard drive detected because there's no OS on the drive. If you put the OS disc in (you may need to set in your BIOS for it to boot from CD) you can then install it.

And yeah, usually a better idea to download the drivers off the manufacturer's website rather than off the disc because they will be the latest version.

Driver-wise, you'll want the driver relevant to your OS, and choose the 32- or 64-bit ones depending on which you installed. You'll probably only need audio drivers, depending on what OS you install - if Windows 7 then it will likely come with other necessary drivers, if XP ten you'll need to download the others, and probably in Vista too.

You can get the drivers from here. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

i see, how about on graphic card what do i need to download, do I have to download everything from the link?

sapphire 5870.

i see, how about on graphic card what do i need to download,

sapphire 5870.
You can find the GPU driver here Graphics Drivers & Software

do I have to download everything from the link?
As I said in my previous post, you'll probably just need the audio drivers. Read my post again to know what you may or may not need to download. But out of curiosity which 'link' are you referring to? You're not being clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom