Dual display outputs - resolution issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

djameson

Beta member
Hello... I have my computer monitor set at it's max resolution of 1440x900, everything's a-ok with that. With the second DVI port on my graphics card (Nvidia 8800gt) I ran a dvi-hdmi cable to my "Insignia NS-L CD32" 32" LCD television with a maximum resolution of 1366x768. I set it up (Windows 7) to be an extended display, so I can just drag things from my primary monitor to the tv. The problem is, the edges of images go off the edge of the tv, by quite a bit. Unfortunately nvidia control panel wouldn't let me set the resolution to 1366x768, but it will let me set it to 1360x765, however I don't think that's the issue.

So basically I was wondering if there is some way to make it so that if I set, for example a movie, to full screen playing on the TV, the top/bottom/left/right sections of the movie won't be cut off.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

TVs usually are setup with something called Overscan, its purpose is to do exactly what you described, chop off the edges of the image.
Overscan is extra image area around the four edges of a video image that is not normally seen by the viewer. It exists because television sets in the 1930s through 1970s were highly variable in how the video image was framed within the cathode ray tube (CRT).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan

You'll need to go into your TV setup and turn it off.

I'll see if I can find that setting. If I find it, thank you very much! If not I'll post back here.

If you are watching Movies with Media player then you can set your media playr options separately to your normal monitor settings. You canuse your TV to be the primary viewing medium and set the resolution to what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom