My bros new build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
My brother is also getting a new pc and asked a friend of his to send him a decent build for games and downloading movies and music and such. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks and if anyone thinks anything can be improved for the same amount of money.

This is what his friend sent him:

Processor - Micro Center - Core 2 Quad Processor Q8200 Boxed

Video Card - Micro Center - TurboCache GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB (1GB TC) GDDR3 PCIe 2.0 x16 Graphics Card

RAM - Micro Center - 4GB DDR3-1600 (PC-12800) Gold Low Voltage CL8 Memory Kit (Two 2GB Memory Modules)

Motherboard - Newegg.com - ASRock P43DE3 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

DVD Burner - Newegg.com - LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 24X DVD-R SATA Black 24X DVD Writer LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners

Hard Drive 1 - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Hard Drive 2 - Micro Center - 500GB Deskstar 3.5" SATA 7,200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Couldnt decide which one bigger or smaller hard drive.

He didnt put a power supply in for whatever reason and i found this

Power Supply - Micro Center - Tomahawk 405 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply

Its super cheap but i dont know if its compatable.

Like i said if someone could just take a look at all this is would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

this is under 500 so hes trying to keep it under that im assuming. hes in college so not exactly made of money.

the parts you had listed total a little over $500 though, and thats not including a case either since you didnt list one. also, the cpu and psu you listed are being offered at those lower prices only if you or your brother go to a local microcenter to pick them up.

this is another setup you could look at
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

total $483 + shipping.

im half a mile away from a local microcenter and plan on getting a job there when my swim season.

What kind of cables and how much could i get them for? for the OEM Burner and hard drive. Im trying to cut corners as much as possible here.

So would the build work? price wise and be able to run some older games along with newer ones? i.e. Diablo 2, diablo 3, starcraft, CSS, L4D2? and on what graphic settings?

Replacing my hard drive and DVD burner with the ones suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom