New CPU = New Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tater4u

Beta member
For the holidays I bought myself and Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 from Newegg. It seemed to arrive DOA, but I wasn't sure. I bought a new power supply,

switched graphics cards, and still it didn't work (It gave me a no signal error on the monitor/was not booting the video) . I sent it back and got a replacement, which came in today.

The problem is that now I get a different error. When I turn on my computer I get a "No cable connected" error on my monitor. The hard drive

spins, lights turn on and beep, but what is unusual is with my old CPU I could tell it started by hearing all of the fans whir down. With this new CPU that never happens.

I was thinking that, but why would the motherboard work with the old CPU? And the graphics card is only about 7 months old (Sparkle GTX 260 core 216) I think I forgot to mention that in the first post.

I don't think it would have anything to do with the motherboard working with the CPU or not. What was the old CPU? There could be a possible incompatibility, but doubtful if it's the same socket type.

Do you have an onboard GPU?

Woops, nevermind, I was thinking of my other computer. Not on this mobo.
(sorry for the double post)

some boards need an bios update to utilize the newer 45nm cpus
double check if your motherboard can handle 45nm

No onboard? That does make it a bit trickier doesn't it.... Do you have a spare card that will work in that mobo laying around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom