Gaming Computer Build-hardware sugestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelkhaos

Solid State Member
I am trying to put together my first PC. I have helped with research on other builds but that was a while ago. I wold like direction on what components are good. There is a $600 dollar budget on the build and I am looking at the AMD Phenom ii x4 955 cpu. I have been looking at the HIS H467QS1GH Radeon HD 4670 video card, and the APEVIA X-Superalien ATXA6SW-AL case and psu (i know the psu would not be great). I have that basic idea on parts but would just like other peoples thoughts and input on this build. Thanks ahead of time.

do you need mouse, keyboard, monitor, operating system?

Will you be doing a lot of gaming?

Where are you located/What website are you buying from? Newegg is good if in the states

monitor, keyboard, mouse and os are not needed. (have from used and other pcs)

I will not be doing a lot of gaming, but I want do play and want run games on high for lans and such.

Most of the hardware will be bought from newegg. Basicly I'm just trying to get the best pc I can for $500-600.

Corsair 550VX 550 watt PSU - $89.99

Western Digital Black 500gb 7200rpm HDD - 69.99

Antec 300 Mid Tower Case - 59.95

G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1333 - 89.99

thats just a start... got mobo and CPU to go yet, would have to pick an AM3 setup with this... and price so far is 309.92. I gotta go pick up my son, so I will finish later if someone else doesn't

edit: the more I look at this, the more it looks like i went a little too pricey... maybe a cheaper PSU might work, but I'm not too versed on those. Ste would probably know best what to get. You could probably go with a 450watt to 550 watt depending on which GPU you go with. Also, you may want to look at an Athlon processor. I should note that i'm not a very experienced builder, and my last attempt was a couple months ago. Some final thoughts before I go... the 955 might be too expensive for you, may want to go with an x3 720 or an athlon model. I tried here, but i think i'm a bit distracted. Good luck :)

I have thought about stepping down the cpu but i didn't know where that would get me. that looks good, the main thing i have been worrying about is the psu and the mobo. I dont know if it would be a major difference in performance to have more expensive ones. The video card is just my wild card i guess, I can't seem to get consistent information on them. I know its cliche but i want to run Crysis (or whatever the best game out is) on max settings (if that is realistic).

notes-
I found the hd you were looking at for $59.99 (amazon i think)
I am looking at a Liteon 24X DVDrw Sata IHAS324-98 drive $27.93
i kinda want to beat my dads 2.4 quad-core cpu (intel: dont know the model)
my friend suggested that case- i kinda like side windows.

i might be picky.

i dont like it either.

realistically with your budget, you wont be able to get a rig that will max out crysis.

if youre willing to stretch your budget by like, $50 or so, i did manage to find some parts that will handle crysis on mostly high settings.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

just those parts total $591 + shipping (and possible $40 back from rebates)

but i havent included a case though, so idk if youre willing to spend more money. you can look at more cases with side windows here
Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Computer Cases,Computer Cases,Yes

but if you need the cost to be lower, you could swap the cpu for a $99 athlon quad-core, get just 2gigs of ram, and/or get a less powerful gfx card like a 5770.

I am looking at the x4 925. those video cards seem to be a little on the high end, I don't know if that's good, I was thinking maybe spending around $100. i like that motherboard but I heard its not quite worth paying extra for the ddr3 ram.

Muffinman if I could I would spend $1000 on this pc ( would be so much better. But this a a pc for college next year and my dad is funding $500 I will an additional $100 max.

aliasaid that's close to some of my original plans. The video card is on the expensive side but its a good choice. I am considering that case, but that psu looks no better than the one in the Apevia X-Superalien case.

Thanks for all the help. I am getting a better idea if the parts and know I am getting close to what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom