Rear I/O port conundrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OricalofLink

Solid State Member
This was found on a ResCon applicant test and the only instructions/information given was to name the I/O ports and for the life of me I cannot figure what the port at the top is.

Having some experience with blueprints/engineering symbols the port's symbol would suggest to me "Series Parallel" but to no avail...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, just one of those small things that makes you lose sleep at night...

The pink one? Yes, it is a parallel.

If you mean the green "I O I O I" one, it is a serial port.

It's a little hard to see but there is a port above the Ethernet/RJ-45 ports, that's the one I'm talking about.

I don't know if this is any better but it it looks like a 4 pin array, if not 5, so I doubt it is a power plug. Another person also suggested the same thing and that maybe it was used for a type of rear server status LED but after looking at the cable and the port it was too dissimilar for anything certain.

I have seen that kind of power cord, this was from a hdd external case:

IMG_0637.jpg

To Hefemeister: Unfortunately all the information that was given was the pic and the instructions to name all the ports, otherwise I'd probably have more info by now... lol.

To MindoverMaster: Do you have a clearer pic or know where I can find a similar one? I can't really make out the plug on yours and I really want to be certain about this, it's really buggin' me lol.

Sorry for being so stubborn and anal guys, I really appreciate your help and effort.

Yep, power plug. I found a couple of images...

Polycom_Connection.gif

Look at the symbol above the socket.

image003.gif

Look at the symbol beside the words "Power adapter port".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom