Forceware 66.81

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
Has anybody here got the beta of the latest nVidia 66.81 drivers yet? I'd like to hear some feedback before I go downloading anything.

Thanks.

Neither did i!

They can be found here

Lots of changes including support for 6600 based GPU's

Anyway why don't you d/l and install them and let the rest of us know;)

Failing that if noone has in the next few hours i will give em a try:)

If it all goes tits-up then it's not exactly difficult to swap back:)

chadley said:
If it all goes tits-up then it's not exactly difficult to swap back:)

Yeah I know, but I'm just too lazy right now to try them myself :)

Allright, I've got them installed and everything seems OK. Nothing different, but maybe when they release the 'proper' drivers there'll be a few new things...

ahhh they are the betas...i hope ther is a performance up with the official releases.

Maybe our 05 scores will go up :D

Well, I just ran 3DMark05 and my score went from 4,100 to 4,800. I haven't tested 3DMark03 or Aquamark3 yet...

No performance increase in Doom 3 though :angry:

DoomUK said:
Well, I just ran 3DMark05 and my score went from 4,100 to 4,800. I haven't tested 3DMark03 or Aquamark3 yet...

No performance increase in Doom 3 though :angry:

I still don't understand why you are having such problems with Doom 3. Your card was MADE for that game.

Yeah I know, but two things you have to consider are:-

1) I run the game virtually maxed out (Ultra quality, 1280x1024, 2x AA, 8x AF, Vsync ON)

2) My CPU is bottlenecking my card; basiclly, the reason you Radeon owners here are getting higher FPS in Doom 3 is because you have AMD 64's...

DoomUK said:
Yeah I know, but two things you have to consider are:-

1) I run the game virtually maxed out (Ultra quality, 1280x1024, 2x AA, 8x AF, Vsync ON)

2) My CPU is bottlenecking my card

You do WAY better than I do on Doom 3. I tried it earlier on 1280x1024, No AA, 8xAF and the lag was unbelievable. At times of high action it probably slowed to like 5 fps. I turned it back down to 1024x768, and it works well again, getting 30-50 fps constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom