How are the new su chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
i'm looking for a new lappy for my Aunt. Scowering newegg and ncix, I'm seeing the newer systems with the new su mobile chip at like 1.3Ghz and a 220m. So on the scale of say the T chips, how are they rated?

I know theyre ment for great battery, but for cpu power, how are they?

What gets me is the su7300 is a 1.6GHz chip. Seems slow, yet theyve got them in laptops packing 220 and 240m gpus... obviously not power saving gpus.

So it confuses me.

What gets me is the su7300 is a 1.6GHz chip. Seems slow, yet theyve got them in laptops packing 220 and 240m gpus... obviously not power saving gpus.

So it confuses me.

The ones with the 220m's and 230m's dont use the nvidia cards by default. They use integrated 4500 graphics with the option of swapping to the nvidia cards for when you are a little closer to a power source.

The ULV processors (ultra low voltage) can get you anywhere from around 6 to 12 hours battery life. The SU7300 (1.3ghz Core 2 ULV) scored a 37 in SuperPi 1M and 2800 in CineBench Multi.

So is it like the i7 chip at 1.6/2.8GHz? Or is it always at 1.3? Cause gaming on a 1.3 could cause issues.

Theres no turboboost. Its always 1.3ghz. You cant really have great performance and quarter/half a days battery life, just doesnt work. Compromises must be made.

If you can wait a little while the new Arrandale based laptops should have an excellent balance of performance and battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom