Driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanchan05

In Runtime
Where do I get the drivers for ethernet controller and Modem USB driver for the Toshiba Sattelite P300D-11M?

Yeah, I know. When I type the model number into google I get links to French pages of something like their version of ebay or newegg. Anyway, if these work, how do I make sure that I got the correct drivers? If I like click on update drivers on the device manager, would they automatically download the proper drivers nonwithstanding the currently installed ones?

Oh yeah, which one of those is the ethernet controller? I downloaded the ones for the LAN driver and the Modem.

If they work you have the correct drivers (or close enough for government work). If you want to make 100% sure email toshiba and ask them for the drivers (good luck on that). Model differences are usually very small. they may have different naming schemes for different countries. If you go to update drivers from device manager it will look at M$ for updates. If they have newer ones it will install those if you wish.

Ok, I managed to get the ethernet controller down, so my laptop has internet now. The problem then are the drivers for:

1. Mass Storage Controller
2. Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus
3. Unknown Device (I dont know for the heck of me what this is)

If you could tell me which of those drivers in the site are the correct ones since they are called differently there. The ethernet controller was the LAN driver.

Use a program to search for devices that aren't detected, think driverzone is the free one, been awhile since i used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom