I'm new at building i would appreciate some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustinRT

Beta member
I own a Dell XPS 400.
I run windows xp sp3
I recently upgraded my memory to 4gb 800MHz Kingston ram, the max for my system.
Everything else is stock

I currently have a Nvidia geforce 6800 graphics card but im looking to upgrade to something that will last me a decently long time as far as keeping up with new games.

I would like to stay with Nvidia, I've been looking at this card

LEAKTEK Nvidia Geforce GTX 280 1 GB 1024MB GTX280 PCI-E - eBay (item 280441059132 end time Jan-19-10 01:03:13 PST)

but i need to know if my system can handle it. I am aware i will probably need to get a more powerfull power supply but that is not a problem. But I don't know if the rest of my system will work with it.

If not, I would be very thankfull for any other suggested graphics cards.

Thank you for your time.
Dustin

The single most important question is what is your budget? Once we have that we can find you the best answer you can afford.

As for the card you are looking at... the owner misspelled the manufacturer's name all three times it was mentioned (not a good sign). It is a refurbished card, meaning it has no warranty beyond the initial 30 days. It may be a bargain, but it could also be a time bomb.

Since you have a 375W PSU, you will need to upgrade it to use any upper-mid to high level cards.

I currently have this card and am very happy with it. But, again, it will depend on your budget.

If you upgrade your power supply that card would work fine.

I would suggest looking at newegg.com for a video card....you would have a warranty that way, and the prices are still good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom