semi budget - novice pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason you're buying from TigerDirect and not Newegg? I hear prices and service are generally better at Newegg.

edit: i just saw right now that you had already posted, didnt see before. if you can afford that build, that would be much better.

and yes, win7 is worth it.

second choice looks alot better. do you need a cd drive? you have gone this far, might as well install win7.
you should signup for the email specials fron Newegg, Microcenter, Frys, and TigerDirect.
also check the free shipping section at Newegg.

Decided to go with a real budget AMD build. For games, I only run FS9 (FS2004). I'm a pilot working towards instrument certification, so I use it for instrument navigation training. Don't need a rig that runs FSX. My current laptop (inspiron 710m) gets 25-30 FPS with eye candy off, so i'm just looking for something a little smoother.

Will all this play nice together? Maybe OC in the future, when I get a better cooler.

What do you think?

mem - Newegg.com - Crucial 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Desktop Memory Model CT25664BA1067 - Desktop Memory
MB - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
CPU - Newegg.com - AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
VID - Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
HD - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CASE/PS - Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Thanks for the help

have cd drive, XP pro

this mobo would also be good. its regular atx so you have more room to work with and have more available expansion slots.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

for ddr3 ram, get atleast 1333 or 1600mhz ram and preferably in sets of two so that itll run in dual channel
Newegg.com - Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3K2/2GR - Desktop Memory

due to free shipping, this hdd is only like $2 more than the one you picked and you get twice the space
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

and i would get this 5750 instead
Newegg.com - XFX HD-575X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
that "OCed" sapphire only has a 10mhz increase in its core and memory clocks, which you can easily do in your sleep :p but since this ones from xfx, it comes with a double lifetime warranty.

cpu and case/psu combo you picked are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom