It wont stop locking up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooskee

Solid State Member
I just bought a brand Acer 8735G off of newegg, and after fixing the widely known audio problem, the only problem i had left was the freezing. Nothing seems to trigger it, it can happen while im gaming, or it can happen while im browsing the internet.
Here is the machine

Windows 7 home premium 64bit
intel t6600 2.2ghz dual core
Nvidia Geforce GT 240m
4gm memory
500gb WD scorpio blue 5200rpm hard drive

I really need to know if its drivers, bad motherboard, or bad ram, so i can send it back and have it by the end of the week if need be. Thanks!

The only error besides say, bad system shutdown, that i am seeing is

The McAfee SiteAdvisor Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

I uninstalled mcaffee when i first got it. I just searched my C drive and got rid of all remaining mcaffee programs. Hope this fixes it. Thanks guys! i got a week till i go back to school and if i went back without a computer because it was off being fixed for two weeks, i would needless to say be screwed.

Nothing i do is seeming to trigger it. But my brand new acer 8735g laptop is freezing randomly, in game or out of game. Couldnt find anything in event viewer, but im a moron.

I am running windows 7 64bit home premium
i have Intel t6600 2.2ghz dual core
nvidia gforce 240m
4 gigs ram
500gb wd scorpio blue 5400rpm hard drive.

Please dear god help me, if its the motherboard i need to know now so i can send it out and have it back before school

saw this
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
could it be the hard drive?

ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\TZS0 has been enumerated.
_PSV = 366K
_TC1 = 0

looked like that happened right before the shut down also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom